Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chanel Impulsion Illusion D'Ombre: Swatches and Review

I purchased only one item from Chanel Spring- the beautiful, shimmering pink Impulsion Illusion D'Ombre.
Impulsion is full of silvery sparkle, with a light pink base that adds just a hint of color.
Chanel Illusion D'Ombres are a cream shadow with light springy texture. I love to pat them on over shadow using my fingertip- this gives maximum sparkle with minimum mess.

I have been using Impulsion along with Urban Decay Naked 3- it gives an extra bit of dimension to my look.

 

Comparison swatches:

 

Lancome Persistent Peach is full of gold shimmer, compared to the silver sparkle in Impulsion. Maybelline Inked in Pink is a deeper pink with less shimmer. Urban Decay Dust is the most similar, but as a powder it has a lot of fallout. Dust also isn't as sparkly or dimensional as Impulsion.

 

I absolutely love Impulsion! It adds a gorgeous pink sparkle to the lids without being high maintenance or difficult to apply. The shadow lasts all day without migrating to my cheeks or dropping sparkles under my eyes. It is a wonderful pick for spring.